Location: Howick, South Africa
Rewarding Professional Financial Career Opportunity:
Gain a supportive platform to grow and learn while developing your career and making a real difference!
Harvard House Group is a Howick based company founded upon values like Integrity, Professionalism, Excellence, Transparency & Clarity, Caring & Loyalty. Our aim is to create a financial services group that restores people’s faith in the benefits of investing and in the investment advisory profession.
Our values have been exceptionally well received and we are growing rapidly. As a result, we are currently looking for financially astute, graduates who are hungry to learn and to be part of something special. The right individual will find themselves mentored into our professional advisory team, who are tasked with partnering with clients seeking the Group’s expertise. This is not a sales focused or commission based role, instead remuneration is linked to excellent client service, and personal and professional development.
So if you have a financial background, a passion for helping people, and identify with our values and mission, and would like to explore becoming part of our team while launching an exciting, rewarding and challenging career, then please apply below. This position may be suitable for individuals and who are looking for a new career within the Financial Services space.
• To establish and maintain long term relationships with clients providing comprehensive financial solutions according to client needs.
• Build and manage a book of around 200 client relationships.
• Perform annual reviews and handle queries on these relationships.
• To analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients financial objectives.
• To prepare proposals, and to meet with the client to present a financial plan.
• To perform all necessary administrative duties associated with the above.
• To continuously broaden knowledge base and to keep up to date technically by researching current trends.
• To be part of a team dynamic that strives for excellent customer service and sound, practical advice.
• To grow economic, financial, legal and tax knowledge to assess and advise portfolio clients on a broad range of financial issues.
• An undergraduate degree, preferably with a Financial bias.
• Financial acumen.
• Better than average Word, Excel and Outlook literacy
• Excellent people skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
• A hunger to learn and grow professionally.
1. Obtaining of information from clients and managing the flow of work to meet the various SARS deadlines
2. Preparation of detailed tax computations for individuals
3. Preparation of tax returns on e-filing
4. Gathering supporting documentation and submitting on e-filing
5. Assisting clients with requirements for the registration and de-registration of all tax types
6. Attending to various SARS queries which may require visiting the SARS Branch.
Qualification and experience required
Matric with appropriate administration experience.
- Studying towards a qualification in tax would be preferable.
Skills and competencies required
1. Planning and organizing
2. Accuracy and attention to detail
3. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure is essential
4. Adaptable and flexible
5. Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
6. Knowledge of the Tax Administration Act and the Income Tax Act as well as SARS systems and procedures
7. Analytical and problem solving skills
8. Can work within budgets
9. Good communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with Partners, Managers, staff, clients and investment houses etc.
1. Maintain statistics and report to Management when required
2. Engage with new clients to process paperwork as laid out in the Investment Department Procedure Manual and agreed to between Financial Consultant and Client
3. Maintain information on files
4. Attend to and resolve queries timeously
5. Escalate queries to relevant Financial Consultant where the query exceeds expertise or knowledge
6. Make suitable Marble notes of all relevant client engagements
7. Assist Financial Consultants with all aspects of administration
8. Familiarise self with all Policy and Procedures required of a Financial Consultant in respect of administration and client engagement
9. Perform Client Reviews and where necessary liaise with the relevant Financial Consultant to set up client meeting with the relevant documentation
10.Monitor progress and receipt of all documentation from Administrators for client signature and process accordingly
11. Attend Client meetings when required with the Financial Consultants
12. Keep up to date technically by researching current trends
13. Ensure compliance with current legislation
14. Acquire a full understanding of the Harvard House Philosophy and its presentation to clients.
Skills and competencies required:
1. Planning and organizing
2. Adaptable and flexible
3. Good knowledge of Excel and Word
4. Analytical and problem solving skills
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with Managers, staff and clients
6. Ability to team with all members of staff
2. Must take initiative and take responsibility for own work
3. Integrity, confidentiality, professionalism are essential traits.